Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Episode 6 – Dodgy Subway






Our drive home (to LA not Sydney!) through the Joshua Tree National Park is breathtaking. The thermometer maxes out at 117 degrees. With scenery like this you barely even notice. I discover a hidden tracker capability that I didn’t know I possessed. If it is alive and in the desert, I will find it! If it is a cactus spine and can lodge itself into your skin, it will find me - Ouch! I guess this is some ironic form of Darwinism.



When looking for Joshua Trees at Joshua Tree National Park, don’t be alarmed if you don’t see any for half of the park, I know it sounds strange… but they only make a suspenseful appearance towards the end, then you will see more than you care to. Climbing the incredible boulder stacks on the other hand is something I would never tire of.


Note to self: Do not go against your instinct of avoiding fast food chains even when experiencing hunger pains. I figure a Subway Chicken Salad is about a safe as you can get. Vomiting all the way home, because of the reheated frozen chicken, not such a good result. Watch this space for my Subway Legal suit...S

No comments:

Post a Comment